Monday 26 July 2010

The Immediate Edge Had Me On My Knees!


Creating the Youtube video for the Immediate Edge Intern program had me on my knees. Really it did :)

Due to an absent minded wife I believe my lovely Chroma Key background sheet was thrown out with the trash! OK so I still need to make the video right? And I'd dearly love to be in the scenes so what a middle aged balding man to do?

After scouring the house for a suitable background the best I could find was a tatty old blanket problem is it was far to small. So the truth of the matter is I couldn't stand up because if I did my head would be poking out of the top.

In the video below I explain how with almost no equipment (Blanket, Flip 640x480 video camera, tripod, Sony Vegas and someone to hold up the blanket (if you're rich you could use a pair of stands) it's possible to produce a fairly decent Chroma Key effect.

If you search Youtube you'll find many excellent tutorials on how to do Chroma Key effects it's a lot simpler than you think it only gets complicated if you want superb quality then you're going to need proper lighting and a decent background (a better quality video camera would also help my flip is 3 years old and past its best)



More later.

Bob Bartram AKA Young Bob

No comments:

Post a Comment