Tuesday 27 July 2010

Dan Raine May Have Been Right

I hate to admit it but Dan Raine from the Immediate Edge and Ed Dale of 30DC fame may have been right.

I've been trying to embed a live feed from my Logitech Web Cam into a Powerpoint presentation. Pretty easy right? Wrong it's a complete pain in the proverbial butt. In fact for all intents and purposes it's impossible without a third party extension.

Even with the extension you have to hunt around for the correct WDM drivers I wish I'd never gone down this particular rabbit hole!

From what I can gather this is a simple thing to do if you have a Mac. In the past I've been resistant to buying one because I could always do what I wanted just as easily on my Windowz machine.

I may have to bite the bullet and buy one :(

Dan & Ed you may be right - ditch Windowz and go Mac :)





Bob Bartram AKA Young Bob

PS I don't have some sort of weird eye complaint! I'm going to have to get used to looking at the Webcam and keep my eyes still lol

No comments:

Post a Comment